We are no longer accepting applications for
the Murphy Scholars Class of 2021.
The application deadline was October 28, 2016.
We have also completed all interviews,
and no more students will be selected to receive an interview.
Applications for the Murphy Scholars Class of 2022 (students entering high school in the fall of 2018) will be available on our website on August 1, 2017. Only 8th grade students are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The application can be completed over several days or weeks. If you want to save what you have already entered on the application before finishing it, and come back to work on it later, click on “save my progress and resume later.” That will allow you to generate a user name and password, which you can use to resume working on the application at a later date.
- No application can be submitted until it has been fully completed.
- Once your application has been submitted, your teachers and guidance counselor/principal will receive an email asking them to complete a letter of recommendation on your behalf. We require recommendations from:
- Your 7th grade English/Language Arts teacher
- Your 7th grade Math teacher
- Your principal or school counselor
If your 7th grade teacher is no longer at the school, you can instead give us the name and email address of your 8th grade teacher. We will contact your teachers to obtain the recommendations.
- To complete the application you are required to attach documents concerning your family’s finances. Please attach any and all of the following, if you have them:
- The 2015 state and federal income tax returns (Form 1040) of both of applicants’ parents, as well as other adults who live in applicants’ home (including all schedules)
- 2015 W-2 Forms from applicant’s parents and other adults who live in applicant’s home
- Documentation of non-taxable income (child support, public assistance, disability, social security income, etc.)
- Divorce decrees
These documents will need to be scanned into your computer as PDF files in order to upload them into the application. If you do not have a scanner at home, we recommend you seek assistance from your local school or public library, or go to a commercial copy center such as FedEx or UPS.