Summer Job Opportunities!
DMSF is looking for several Caddie Counselors to guide our Scholars during the summer caddie season. We will be hiring four Assistant Counselors as well as two Head Counselors. Interviews will be conducted through April, 2017. Please review the links for complete details.
Join Our Team!
DMSF is looking for talented, passionate individuals for two open positions! We encourage Murphy alumni to apply and hope that you will spread the word to fellow alum!
To apply for either position, submit a resume and compelling cover letter to Meg Sykes, Development Associate at firstname.lastname@example.org
This individual will contribute to the success of the Development Department and the organization as a whole by overseeing all events hosted by DMSF, including the Golf Classic, Ignite Potential Night, and the Women’s Luncheon.
More Information | Apply by March 3!
Corporate Relations and Grants Manager
This individual will contribute to the success of the Development Department and the organization as a whole by strategically pursuing corporate and foundation support via grants, sponsorships, and partnerships.
More Information | Apply by March 10!
Marketing Focused Summer Internship at Big Shoulders Fund!
This is a part-time, paid, marketing focused internship available for current undergrads and recent graduates! The overall goal is to help build community awareness for – and grow enrollment in – the Catholic schools of inner city Chicago. Ideal candidates have experience in marketing, communications, web development, social media or community organizing.
Support the marketing and enrollment efforts of individual Big Shoulders Fund schools by assisting with related tasks, including:
- Designing and producing marketing pieces (e.g. signs, banners, direct mail flyers);
- Updating/supporting website and social media pages on behalf of the school;
- Developing and placing ads with various media outlets (e.g. local paper, Facebook, radio);
- Participating in phone banks to follow up with prospective parents;
- Canvassing school neighborhoods with support of school parents and/or staff; and
- Completing other related tasks as needed
- Serve as part of a dynamic team focused on providing outstanding educational opportunities for inner-city families
- Develop skills in communications, marketing, community outreach and leadership
- Experience working for a longstanding, independent 501(c)3 with high profile in the city of Chicago
- Build a network of professional contacts across Chicago
- Experience in marketing, communications, web development, social media or community organizing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; superb interpersonal abilities
- Capable of both a high degree of independence and teamwork in responsibilities
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Innovative and creative approach to tasks
- Energetic and enthusiastic about inner-city Catholic education
- Must have access to reliable transportation daily; this position is based at the schools
- Ability to commit to approximately 20 hours/week over 9 weeks (June – August with a one week break in July)
Ability to read/write/converse in Spanish would be valuable but not required.
Please review the this Handout to learn more!
Attention Alums looking to start or transition into a new career!
The Career Transitions Center (CTC) and The Daniel Murphy Scholarship Fund are collaborating with the purpose of helping DMSF Alums secure professional employment after college. CTC works with recent college graduates and mid-career professionals by providing coaching and programming in order to teach people how to find work using social media, networking and effective resume and interviewing skills. CTC does not place participants in jobs directly; it seeks to teach them career management skills. In each of the last three years, 80% of their participants found work in six months, versus the national average of 12 months.
The Career Transitions Center of Chicago’s mission is to provide professional, emotional and spiritual support to those seeking a job, looking for meaningful work, or otherwise undergoing a career transition. CTC is a volunteer-driven, non-profit organization providing professional assistance to individuals in employment transition.
Every applicant will be asked to submit an application (see link below) and provide a resume to Mr. Paul Morgan. Paul will liaise between DMSF and CTC until the acceptance and training process begins. This program is absolutely free so we encourage everyone with this need to apply! Applicants should send the required material as soon as possible.
Paul Morgan- email@example.com
Office line: 312.455.7803